Want to get more involved with the I AM NOT A LOAN campaign?
Of course you do. Let’s get rolling.
- Tweet your followers, using the hashtag #studentloans or #studentdebt.
- Share this image on Facebook. Remember to tag your college or university.
- Sign the National Consumer Law Center’s petition calling on the U.S. Department of Education to cancel the student debt of Corinthian College victims.
Now, some tips on what you can do today, tomorrow, and throughout the school year. Be sure to use these facts about student debt to strengthen your argument.
- E-mail leaders at your university and urge them to join the campaign. This can be your college’s president or provost. Take a look around your college’s website to figure out the right people to contact and send them to this page. Use the following links if you are a:
- Write to your local news station or paper and talk about the campaign. If you’re a student, contact your student newspaper. If you’re an alum, reach out to your alumni office. Specifically mention what you think your college should be doing to help relieve students from skyrocketing college costs and student loan debt. And remember:
- Keep it short and sweet. The more concise your letter, the better.
- Stick to the facts.
- Tell your own story, explaining why you are in this fight. Personal stories aare more effective in making an impact.
- Keep your eyes on the prize. Remember that the goal of these actions is to Increase access to, success in, and affordability of a college education for all students.